Permanently change a Default on Skyline 7?

Kathy Strabel

Hello-  I hope all are still doing well and getting lots of sewing done.
Is it possible to permanently override the default settings on the Skyline 7 machine? I specifically would like to have the default for the foot pressure loosened up so it is 2 "clicks" lower than the factory-set default. I find my machine stitches much better with the looser presser foot pressure. I can always set it 2 clicks lower, but every time I change to a different stitch, or even change the length or width of the same stitch, I have to re-do the presser foot pressure setting every time.  Without making this adjustment, the hook that holds in my walking foot in its holder pops out all the time, and  I have have other inconveniences happen with the default setting---for instance, I wanted to pleat for making some masks, and the foot just pushed the pleats forward so they were flat instead of actual pleats! Very frustrating, so I just changed to a different style of mask and make a bunch to donate.   PLease advise re: the default setting question.  Thank you!
Kathy Strabel