Re: Needles for threader

vicki J. Wardwell <vjw_65@...>

Thank you Heather,
It was all the way up in this borrowed Singer and still flat area showed.
Only have one hand which complicates most stuff. esp. the tightening.
Good to know about the needles when my machine gets home.
Vicki
Gov just grounded us 40 more days I agree. except  4 my poor machine.

On April 21, 2020 at 11:59 AM HEATHER COWAN <heather-c@...> wrote:

Hi Vicki:  If the screw is loosened enough ..... not so loose it falls out but just a bit more than needed for the old needle to slide out .... and you push the needle up as far as you can .... it is high enough.  Then the trick is to keep it up there while you tighten the screw.  There is a little brush with a hole at the end of the handle with one side of the hole flat like the needle.  If you find one it is handy as you put the needle in it and then use the brush like a handle to lift the needle into place and hold it there while you tighten the screw.  I bet if you change to Organ needles you will have NO problems.  I haven’t used Klasse but have used Schmitz.  Prefer the Organ which is also used by many manufacturers.  Breathe, relax and let your hands find the correct position for the needle and don’t overthink it.  My hands work better than my brain at this sort of thing ..... duh ... okay .... most things.
Good luck .... hugs heather ...