Re: Stitch Anatomy

Mary E

I may be totally wrong, but I think in machines that have zigzag capability the straight stitch is actually a very widened out zigzag. My Singer from 1948 is straight stitch only and you can really tell the difference...it's a true straight stitch machine.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 3:22 PM Nyssa Lanzafame <Nyssajoe@...> wrote:
i am wondering about the anatomy of a stitch. my machines seem to make a stitch that starts on the top left and ends to the right, just by a thread width.  then the next one starts just the left of the end of the stitch above it.  is this normal...is it a tension thing?