Re: Needles for threader

vicki J. Wardwell <vjw_65@...>

I have looked every where,
I insert my needle should all of the flat part be inside?
I have a dental mirror and can see but not sure if up all the way
would leave any flat part visible.
Thank you.
Vicki

On April 18, 2020 at 5:38 PM HEATHER COWAN <heather-c@...> wrote:

Kathleen:  I use Organ needles which is the company that makes Janome needles.  I find they work great but must be at least 80/11 or the eye is too small for the threader.  When I have had trouble with my threader it has ALWAYS been that I haven’t seated the needle all the way up in the needle hole.  I take care now to make sure it is as high as it will go with the flat side facing the rear of the machine.  Sometimes if you damage the little hook that snags the thread and brings it through the needle ...... it cannot be bent back to be effective.  My advice would be if it doesn’t work the first time don’t keep trying and maybe bend or break that little wire hook.  Check that your needle is seated all the way up and ..... make sure your needle is in the correct position by hitting the needle up and needle down button.  Good luck.....   ps .... I have the 15000 and the 9900 [which is the older model of the S9] and love them both.
Hugs
Heather

On Apr 1