Re: Needles for threader

I use Schmetz needles and are fine for my 15000. For quilting I use Schmetz Quilting Needles and makes a real difference. I have also used the Schmetz topstitching needles and are also great.

El sábado, abril 18, 2020, 5:36 p.m., HEATHER COWAN <heather-c@...> escribió:

Kathleen:  I use Organ needles which is the company that makes Janome needles.  I find they work great but must be at least 80/11 or the eye is too small for the threader.  When I have had trouble with my threader it has ALWAYS been that I haven’t seated the needle all the way up in the needle hole.  I take care now to make sure it is as high as it will go with the flat side facing the rear of the machine.  Sometimes if you damage the little hook that snags the thread and brings it through the needle ...... it cannot be bent back to be effective.  My advice would be if it doesn’t work the first time don’t keep trying and maybe bend or break that little wire hook.  Check that your needle is seated all the way up and ..... make sure your needle is in the correct position by hitting the needle up and needle down button.  Good luck.....   ps .... I have the 15000 and the 9900 [which is the older model of the S9] and love them both.
Hugs
Heather

On Apr 18, 2020, at 1:20 PM, Kathleen Chevalier <kathleensews@...> wrote:

I have the S9, which I think is sort of a baby 15000. My needle threader is not "automatic" I manually push down on the threader lever. It works intermittently. Sometimes right away, sometimes only after many tries, sometimes not at all. Last time I threaded the needle manually without the threader, but my sight is such that it is difficult.

I used a Klase 80/12 that I received free with a Nancy's Notions order. The needle threader hook stuck in the needle eye. I had great difficulty getting it out. When It happened a second time I decided the throw the Klase needle out the next time I changed thread. So now I'm wondering if the needle could be a problem. I am using Schmetz needles. Does anyone else have a problem using the needle threader with certain brands of needles?

--
Kathleen Chevalier
western Pennsylvania