Re: Needle Plates for 15,000

Diane

You should keep the regular plate on for most general sewing as it allows you to use zig zag and other stitches.  The single needle  plate is best for embroidery and fabrics that tend to get sucked into the hole but you can only use straight stitches.  The HP  plate is used mainly for piecing quilts.   The needle is set in the left position and it only does straight stitches.

Diane B

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020, 4:23 PM Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> wrote:
I don't know if anyone has the same problem as me, but I have trouble trying to decide which needle plate to use for each project.  Everything that I read refers to cotton and quilting.  I use my machine for other materials.  Which plate would be best for knit, minky, jeans, even heavier fabrics, etc.  I can't find any specific information explaining the needle plates.  Would it be better to use my HP setup or a regular needle plate?  I checked the instruction book and the workbook.   Right now, I am using minky fabric.  Should I use the HP setup?  It just talks about using cotton and quilting fabric with that.  I would think it would be best for minky to keep the material from sliding around, but will it hurt the foot if it isn't recommend for this fabric?  I really need some sort of guidelines.  Does anyone have any specific information that would be of help? Thank you so much for any help.