Re: Needle Plates for 15,000

Lyn Quine

Not sure if I’m right or not but I use the HP plate for quilting, the HP feet are 1/4” feet for stitching a 1/4” straight stitch, that to me is for quilting.

I use the general or zig zag plate for fancy stitches as well as the utility stitches where the needle has to make the stitch up to 9mm wide.  The straight needle plate is just that, you can only use the straight stitching all the wide stitches are greyed out and you can’t use them.

I don’t think the plate is used with specific fabrics, it’s more to do with the stitches.