Re: reading a USB?

Vikki Youngmeyer

The 350 machines used different named directories than what the later Janome models use. That’s why  designs don’t show on the 350e machines that do on the other machines. If you can remember the file directory names for the 350e, you can create empty folders with those names, and copy the .Jef files from the  12000directory into the newly created directories. The 350e only let you have a very minimum level of directory tree structure.

I can look up the names and procedure I used if you need it, just busy right now!

Vikki

Houston, TX

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Joyce Daniel
Sent: Sunday, April 5, 2020 8:22 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] reading a USB?

Thanks for the info. The USB I’m trying to us is 1 GB and the 6 designs are all in the correct folder. The stick was formatted for the 350 and my 12000. They show up on my computer but do not show up on the 350 screen. (Didn’t try the 12000 as they are all 5x7 designs and its easier on the 350) I transferred the designs from the 1 GB stick to the 512M USB I usually use, and they still do not show up on the 350 screen, so I’m thinking, too many stitches. Which is what I’m wondering…..what is the max # of stitches the Janomes machines can handle? Is there a chart somewhere? I’m going to try one design loaded on the stick, at a time as they each have a high stitch count. Just never had this before.

Confused in GA - Joyce

“All you have shall some day be given;

Therefore, give now, that the season

of giving may be yours, and not

of your inheritors.”

Kahill Gibran

Join onlinesewing-janome@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.