Re: reading a USB?

valora hammond

The stitch limit on the 12000 and the 350E is 100,000 stitches per file.

On Apr 5, 2020, at 8:54 AM, Cheryl Paul <capaul@sasktel.net> wrote:

On a 350E embroidery machine you can use a 2GB USB but whatever you do don’t put lots of designs on it. The processor in our embroidery machines isn’t very powerful as it doesn’t need to be to do the job. Remember to format the USB in your 350 before you use it and that you put your designs in the correct folder. I never had a 350E machine so I’m not sure of the folder names but I do know that the first folder is EMB and the next one will be My Designs, or embf, but you can create one with a name you choose up to 8 letters or numbers and your designs must be in JEF format for the machine to be able to read them.

I know that some use larger memory USB’s and they work, but I don’t recommend that. I also know that finding the small memory USB’s is difficult, but you may be able to find some on-line and hopefully at a very reasonable price.

I suggest that the USB you are using be re-formatted in your computer, BUT save any files you want to keep before you format or they will be lost forever. Once you do this format, put the USB into your 350 machine and it will apply the folders that are required to transfer/copy your designs into for stitching. Once you get this working, use it for stitching, but do file management so that you never get to many designs on the USB - 100 designs would be plenty or even more than I would want to manage in a device that I use for just embroidery.

Cheryl - Saskatoon