Re: Questions about 550e

Cathy LeBlanc

If you have the foot down and are still having an issue, I have had issues on occasion with the auto threader when the needle is at the edge of the design and real near the hoop. The threader part hits the hoop so it will not go far enough down to catch the needle. You can manually move the design stitches to get away from the edge or you can manually thread the needle. I have used both methods.
Cathy LeBlanc

On Apr 1, 2020 10:59 AM, Kathy Strabel <ksbappa@...> wrote:
Beth---Be sure that your machine's foot is in the DOWN position when using the auto threader. I have a feeling that is what is making your threader not useable when near the edge of your design.

I throw my used pre-filled bobbins out generally. I do save a few, "in case" I need an extra to refill. However, I cannot comment on whether that is a good idea because I have never had to re-wind a saved bobbin.

As for oiling, I put a reminder on a piece of tape and stuck it to my machine to oil it in the first week of every month----BUT-- the manual suggests this frequency if you use the machine every day, so I adjust the oiling time interval according to how much I estimate I have used the machine in the past month. It is very easy to OVER-OIL the machine and that can cause problems, too.  It also is a bit scary where the manual says to turn the machine so the handwheel rests on the table. USe a folded towel on the table when you do that. AND----if you happen to have a USB stick in the machine---REMOVE it BEFORE you move the machine to its side!!!!   Otherwise, you could possibly "squish" and break the USB stick and/or the USB port on the machine. BEWARE!!

If your machine is sounding louder or different, I would suggest first a good brushing-out with a soft brush, and a vacuum cleaner attachment if you have one of those miniature ones.  Then estimate how much you have actually used your machine in the last month and oil/not oil accordingly.

Hope this is helpful

Kathy Strabel   Camas WA