Re: I meceived a message from the American Sewng Guild about the mediate need for face masks, how to make them & where to send them. If you are able to help please read the article. We are all home & have lots of time on our hands lets do what we can to help. Shirley

Mattes

Sewing and wearing fabric masks is a good gesture of solidarity and might help to prevent infecting others if you‘re sneezing. It is not protecting you against Sars-CoV-2 ... just to manage expectations.

Fabric masks are not considered PPE and their capability to protect against COVID-19 is unknown.“

Keeping a proper distance to others is currently the only way to flatten the curve of infections enough to improve the medical care situation and research for a cure / vaccine.