brand new 9450 with error message

erna_wooloowin

Dear Jim, I just unboxed a brand new Janome 9450 and unfortunately the message please raise needle bar slowly came up. Sounds simple but the needle bar knob only moves a tiny, tiny bit and than is solid as anything. No matter what I try the message keeps coming up and the knob is solid. There also seems to be a 2 second delay when I switch the machine on and off. My 12000 at least switches the lights on instantly and than goes through it's motions. I have switched on on/off numerous times, tried needle plate changes, took bobbin case out, opened the left hand side to see if I could see anything obvious but all to no evail. Apart from taking it back to the dealer, do you have any suggestions? Thanks heaps Bernadette