Re: Janome Skyline 7

valora hammond

When I was using the serger on a curve I found I liked the results when I starched the seam. That might work and just do the starts.

On Mar 20, 2020, at 12:51 PM, Cheryl Paul <capaul@sasktel.net> wrote:

Pixey, The same thing happens on the 7mm needle plate too - ask me how I know. Also the 5mm. I don’t know if there is a solution or what it could be IF someone in research and development even cares. I’m not being nasty, just saying it as I see it.

We have been given things we’ve asked for as consumers ie: the RE18 hoop, but they didn’t even get that right. We just wanted a hoop that was what was referred to as the 5”X7”. Janome choose to give us a larger size than that, but we weren’t really told that and wanted exactly what we’d had before. I use that hoop a fair bit and the smaller hasn’t caused me any difficulties, but I’ve seen designs that need the 200mm which is 20mm longer than the RE18 offers.

I do hope that if we ask enough when we see our Educators from Janome that it will come through to those who actually develop and make our machines.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

PS: I think I’ll be a “nut case” before this COVID-19 runs its course. Our streets are bare, my kids are closing their store for the near future. I was given the gears by friends for going and putting gas in my van. Other children don’t want us getting our own groceries - the list goes on and on and on.