Re: Janome Skyline 7

blue_lak

If I recall correctly from the last swimwear sewing, what worked best was a #11 Schmetz Stretch needle and Sulky Totally Stable Tearaway. I didn't iron it on, just started sewing about an inch onto a strip. Then stopped sewing, lifted the foot, pulled the strip back past the back end of the foot, placed fabric under the foot up to the stitching on the stabilizer, lowered the foot, started back stitching, then forward. I also used a strip of stabilizer at the end, making sure the stabilizer extended past the end of stitching. The smaller needle pierced more easily, and the stabilizer prevented the fabric being eaten by the wide throat plate hole. I didn't have any trouble with skipped stitches.
Jan