Re: Janome Skyline 7

Cheryl Paul

Kathy,

I hear you! Even my 15000 does that and you know what they cost. I think that it is the way fabric feeds and I know that I have the tendency to start sewing on the first millimetre of fabric that goes into the machine - I say millimetre because it is so small. If I start in about 1/4 of an inch (as a Canadian I should know what that is in metric but I don’t) and then it doesn’t pound down into the needle plate. I just did this on my Continental M7 last week on QUILTING COTTON that was stabilized with Best Press. I know that we need to use the zig-zag plate with everything except the straight stitch or special needle plate for special feet and needle placements, so I don’t think you have any alternative but to just start a little bit into the fabric. I know that friends that have other brands have the same problem, so I think it is just the nature of the beast. Maybe someone else has a different solution - we can hope that there is one.

Cheryl - Saskatoon