Re: still having trouble with my 550E

Lyn Quine

Yes thank you.  I have problems with alphabets on the sewing side, I think I need to try and use the dial on the side of the machine to ‘balance’ the stitching.  That’s why I asked.

it sounds as though the tension is tight on the top thread, it’s pulling the bobbin thread up.  That is probably why it’s shredding too.  Is the thread being held back or getting caught and pulling back on itself.  Are you using the horizontal spindle for the thread.  Is it a spool of thread or a mini cop/cone which needs to be on a threadstand at the side or back of the machine?