Re: Magnets and sewing machines

wlstarn@...

The magnets don't affect the computer?  Years ago, we were told not to use magnetic pincushion near the sewing machine because it would damage the computer.

On Wednesday, February 19, 2020 Diane Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> wrote:

I have been experimenting with magnets on a large quilt with lots of piecing and  seams. The quilting hoop is great but the magnets that came with it tend to pop off with a heavily pieced quilt and warm and natural batting. Instead I use a cobbled together frame and fishing magnets. They are strong and have a handle on top. This makes it easy to remove the magnets, slide the quilt, slip in the frame and attach the magnets.