Re: Magnets and sewing machines

Kathy Strabel

Diane and Jim--Thanks for the info re: magnets. I have never heard of "fishing magnets"---where would one find them, at a sporting goods store?  You said you use a "cobbled together hoop". What exactly does that mean? You have to use the original (lower ) hoop because that is where the attachment is to the embroidery arm, is that not correct?   I am still considering a DIY magnetic hoop, but want to be very clear about the process before I try anything. If you prefer, we can communicate privately.
Thanks
Kathy Strabel   ksbappa@...

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 6:17 AM Diane Stutsman via Groups.Io <diane.stutsman=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have been experimenting with magnets on a large quilt with lots of piecing and  seams. The quilting hoop is great but the magnets that came with it tend to pop off with a heavily pieced quilt and warm and natural batting. Instead I use a cobbled together frame and fishing magnets. They are strong and have a handle on top. This makes it easy to remove the magnets, slide the quilt, slip in the frame and attach the magnets.

--
Have a good one!
Kathy Strabel