Re: How much should it cost

Cheryl Paul

I didn’t realize that your Mom was 90 - NO, she wouldn’t want to make a huge investment into a repair or on another machine.  I was just sharing my experience with a machine I owned some years back.  The repair didn’t cost me what I might have had to pay, partly because it should have been a warranty issue, just that I was out of country, and it wouldn’t have been thousands of dollars if the warranty had been used up.  However, it would have been an unsetting amount of money if Mulqueen’s hadn’t been so kind.

Oh, and the machine was purchased in October of 2012 not 2011, a few months after Janome Institute when it was launched, so I had only had it for a couple months when it needed a major repair.

Cheryl - Saskatoon