Re: Customizer 11000

Janet Cicerano

Thanks Cat, I'll look into these options.
Best, Janet

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019, 8:18 PM Cat - N via Groups.Io <navillusc=netscape.net@groups.io wrote:
Do you know someone who has a CD/DVD on their computer that could copy the software to a USB drive? Maybe the library has a computer with both drives you could use. Maybe a computer place (Geek Squad or Staples copy dept) could do it. Or maybe you could ask your dealer?   ‎Maybe they could order the software for your 500e on a USB.

- Cat (FL)

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10.
Warning:  The foregoing message is likely a combination of what I meant to say and words the nice machine liked better.
From: Janet Cicerano
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2019 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Customizer 11000

Hello, I recently purchased the 500e and have not used it yet.  My fairly new laptop does not have a CD/DVD player and I do not currently own an external player.  Is it possible to download the information from a website that is on the DVD that came with the 500e?
Janet

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 6:14 PM Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Mel, welcome to the group! Your 500E actually comes with a CD/DVD that contains the software you will need for your machine. Customizer 11000 is older software that was originally created for the Memory Craft 11000, then later modified to include the 350E. It won't do a thing for you, and actually has issues with Windows 10 using USB. When you get your machine install the software that came with it, and then if you have questions you can ask them here. On the 550E I believe the software is called "AcuTools", but I don't know what it is on the 500E. You can let us know that too!