Re: Customizer 11000

Kathy Strabel

Melinda---I am fairly new to Janome machines after decades of loyalty to another brand. I got a sew-only Skyline 7 a few years ago and then got the 500e about a year ago. I am good with both of these machines, with a couple of minor things..  You asked about software for the 500e. I am not familiar with the Customizer 1100 that you inquired about but I would highly recommend that you take a look at Embird. EMbird is not machine brand specific, is a very robust application for way less cost than most of the machine-specific softwares.  There are several online help groups for Embird users, and the program itself allows you to import designs, edit, save, re-size, ...just about everything the more expensive programs that usually require costly updates along the way.  Embird is a modular program; you buy the parts you want, and can add modules at a later date. There is a basic program, that is not really all that basic. In many years of using Embird, I have never felt the program was not adequate. Then there is a Studio module where you can digitize your own designs. There are optional fonts which can be purchased  individually at a nominal cost.Plus a couple more specialty modules--crossstitch, and possibly another one that I cannot recall at the moment. Updates are very reasonably priced. The company also offers a good array of high-quality digitized designs, mostly realistic animals. The only "fault" I can see is that the program does not yet work with Apple format computers, but that could change in the future.   I am in  no way associated with Embird, other than being a satisfied customer for around 10 years.    You can Google something like "embird machine embroidery" and get their website info.   Good luck!   Kathy Strabel   Camas WA