Re: Calibration on Janome 12000.

Elizabeth Larson

Thanks for the information. I’m using the a AQ 8.7 hoop, and it appears to be parallel. I’ll just have to take it in for servicing right after the holidays. Am making a ton of Christmas gifts so it’s in heavy use right now. It’s not too bad and I’m just using acufil to quilt some throws. A classic case of severely underestimating how much time these projects would take.

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 5:04 PM Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
You must be in embroidery mode to calibrate the hoop. Before trying to calibrate, put the plastic template in the hoop and select a design for that hoop. Whether the needle is centered or not, the horizontal grid lines should be parallel to the edges of the machine bed. If they are sloping in either direction you should have your dealer adjust it. If the hoop attachment mechanism is not straight you will not be able to get it centered. As long as the lines are parallel, though, you should be able to get it very close.