Re: Bobbin Case Jumping

Pixey

In a prior career as an aerospace engineer a couple of decades ago, I sat in on a training program where the instructors were trying to teach gear grinders the reason that vehicle transmissions manufactured in Japan were proving more reliable than those manufactured in the US American autoworker plants.  I learned that part of the manufacturing practices that emerged in Japan out of the post WWII Deming Quality Improvement program was that manufacturers were taught to try and get as close as possible to a target design specification rather than just get it within the design tolerance. Overall, this makes for a tighter, more precise mechanical device.

Pixey