Re: Bobbin Case Jumping

Connie

Pixey,
I have noticed my machine is sensitive to the needle brand!  She definitely likes Organ (Janome) needles over Schmetz.  I dropped her off yesterday for service and I feel confident this will be an easy adjustment.
Thanks for reply.
Connie S.

On November 15, 2019 at 10:27 AM "Pixey via Groups.Io" <pixeyam@...> wrote:

Connie,

Others on this group and another I am on have seen machine sensitivity to different needle brands. I have had some Janome machines that work fine with different brands of needles (including Schmetz ) and others that just get persnickety if I use any needles other than Organ needles (which is the same as Janome branded ones).  Having some knowledge of Japanese manufacturing processes.  I suspect some machines are just built to slightly tighter tolerances.  No one has reported damage to their machine, but more an issue of skipped stitches, uneven tension, etc.

I also sometimes see increased bobbin jumping if I am sewing at faster speeds and the bobbin is getting low.  That is just because it is having to spin faster and faster the lower it gets and sometimes they haven’t wound as smoothly closer to the spindle.

Pixey

On Nov 14, 2019, at 2:08 PM, Connie < sewpicky1@...> wrote:

Jim,
Thank you for the photos.  I have checked my bobbin case for rough areas and can't find anything unusual.  The stopper looks normal as well.  I've not had any trouble with nesting or needles  breaking but I do remember one odd thing last month while doing regular sewing.
In the middle of a project, the bobbin thread wasn't picking up and I had to keep cleaning the bobbin case out/ reseating everything.  After 3 times of doing this I replaced the Schemetz needle I was using with an Organ needle and everything worked smoothly from then on.
Sounds like this might have been the beginning of the problem.
I have stopped all sewing and will take it in for service.

Sad part is my dealer/service tech is retiring and closing the store at the end of December.  He is super swamped with repairs and service right now.  This means no Christmas sewing for me....