Thank you for the photos. I have checked my bobbin case for rough areas and can't find anything unusual. The stopper looks normal as well. I've not had any trouble with nesting or needles breaking but I do remember one odd thing last month while doing regular sewing.
In the middle of a project, the bobbin thread wasn't picking up and I had to keep cleaning the bobbin case out/ reseating everything. After 3 times of doing this I replaced the Schemetz needle I was using with an Organ needle and everything worked smoothly from then on.
Sounds like this might have been the beginning of the problem.
I have stopped all sewing and will take it in for service.
Sad part is my dealer/service tech is retiring and closing the store at the end of December. He is super swamped with repairs and service right now. This means no Christmas sewing for me....