Re: Correcting text on IPad and IPhone

Pat

Re  the autocorrect to something you want to "fix" when typing see the screenshot below.  In the area just above your keyboard it shows, on the left, what you typed, then two of apple's "corrections."  If you want what you typed, just tap on the word you wanted (above the keyboard).  Otherwise, the word in the center will be used (which can be handy since in my case it knew which word I really wanted)  unless you tap on the third word, the one on the right.  If you tap on any of the three words, you can then correct as desired.  Don’t forget, holding the space bar allows you to move the cursor to exactly where you want!  That was a recently added nifty thing!
Hope this helps.

On Nov 8, 2019, at 7:32 PM, Carole Hollmann via Groups.Io <macee55@...> wrote:

Jim —

You describe the sleep/home button technique exactly how it works. If my nails are too short, I can’t press the sleep button at all, as it is below the case.  I don’t have an IPad pencil, but perhaps I should invest. Black Friday is right around the corner.

I tried the three-finger pinch technique another 20 or so times. Maybe if I do my update to the newest version, it will work.

Carole

On Nov 8, 2019, at 6:30 PM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

If by "capture" you mean take a screen shot, there are two ways that I use:

  • Press the SLEEP and HOME buttons at the same time. This usually works, but if the iPad is in a case (all of mine are) the SLEEP button is usually hard to push and you wind up turning off the screen. Then you have to turn it back on, touch ID, face ID, or pass code, and try again. Frustrating!
  • If you have an Apple Pencil (iPad Pro, and 2019 iPad Mini) put the tip of the pencil in the lower left corner, just outside the display. Do a short swipe diagonally with the pencil toward the top right corner and it will snap a picture of the screen. I now use this exclusively.