Re: quilt in the Hoop stabilizer?

Diane Stutsman

Hi,

I use batting as stabilizer if I want to machine quilt. By stitching the sections on the batting, those construction stitching lines will be hidden. After the top section is finished a backing fabric can be placed on the back of the hoop, reattach to the machine, and then stitch a quilting design. Only the quilting will show on the back.

The sections are stitched on stabilizer when all the finished squares will be stitched together forming the top. Then it will be constructed by adding backing, batting and quilting all the layers together.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Diane

On Nov 6, 2019, at 9:48 AM, Nyssa Lanzafame <Nyssajoe@...> wrote:

 just noticed (as i re-explore the option of trying this technique) that the 2017 mystery project looks like you are just using the batting on tape with fabric on top of that...so essentially the batting is the stabilizer. Yet the video on the FB group is done on trad. stabilizer...Could you maybe explain when and why you might want to do one vs. the other?