Re: Announcing ThreadBook

Barbara Wolcott

Thanks Jim and all members of the beta team.

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 5:49 PM Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
After a year in development, we are thrilled to announce our latest app called ThreadBook. Repeating the description from the App Store:

ThreadBook is the ideal tool for managing the threads you use for sewing or embroidery. It contains a library of more than 25,000 threads from over 120 different manufacturers, available with a touch of your finger. Using ThreadBook you can:

* Set your favorite brands to narrow matching choices

* Track the threads you have in the “My Threads” collection

* Track the threads you need in the “Shopping List” collection

* Find threads with a particular thread number, including partial numbers

* Find threads that match your chosen color

* Find threads that match any color using the camera on your device or a previously made photo

* Instantly create a chart to convert any brand and type of thread to a matching color in any other brand and type

* Convert a list of thread colors, such as that often provided with embroidery designs, to any brand and type

* Submit your own list of threads that are not in our library so they can be added

Additional features include:

* Detailed explanation of each menu item with a single tap of a button

* Automatic updating of the library as new threads are added

* Your “My Threads” and “Shopping List” collections are synchronized between all your devices

We submitted the app for review before the videos were ready, anticipating that it would take a long time to be processed with the impending release of iOS 13 so near. Surprise! It was approved in only 2 days. The videos are coming together, and will be integrated into the Q & A section of the app automatically once they are uploaded. This should happen by the end of the week.

I want to publicly thank the members of our beta test team who provided an enormous amount of help and direction. We so appreciate their suggestions and generosity in helping us. In alphabetical order:

Bernice, Ceil, Jeanna, Karen, Leta, Lyn, Marsha, Mary Jo, Matthias, Pam, Pat, Patti, and Sandy. Thank you all so much!