Error message installing Digitizer V5.5

Sue Sweet

I thought my upgrade installation was going fine until I came to registering the software. All installed, USB removed and computer restarted. I open the program and get the screen to put in my Product Key. The other fields on the screen are auto completed, I assume using the details from my installation of V5.0. After entering the code and clicking on OK the process bar gets about halfway and I get the error message " deviceld is empty in request XML(500)"  I have tried using both Firefox and Internet Explorer as my browsers. I am running Windows 8.1. Any assistance you can give me would be appreciated.