Re: Spanish Hemstitch

Irene Holland

You are right, I believe it is also called fagoting and that is described in the instructions that go along with the fringe foot. I have used the fringe to create the open effect but you are limited to a zigzag stitch as far as I can figure out and watching Diane's video on the fringe foot. The Bernina foot that I saw a demo of has the "channel piece" placed in front of the needle, allowing for cord to be inserted, and since the needle does not have to pass over the channel decorative stitches can be used.
Irene in OR