Re: Embroidery help- and a website - USB's

Cheryl Paul

Pat,

When you put the USB into the embroidery machine - the machine does its magic and places some files on to the USB. They are EMB and ORD - the EMB is from embroidery designs and the ORD is for stitch files that you can make in Stitch Composer and save for stitching. Don’t worry about the ORD for now - just get familiar with your embroidery files. If you touch the arrow at the top of the screen when in embroidery mode, you can go back to file folders that are at the root of the USB and the file list to go into ones that show up on the screen when you select the USB as your file source to find your designs. I’m not at my machine now, but I think you’ll figure it out once you are in embroidery mode. I get myself stumped quite often and I’ve been doing this for years, and years. Things change a bit with each new machine that comes out and I’ve had quite a few in the last 15 or so years.

Don’t be afraid to try things, if you get stuck and are frightened as to what will happen or confused, you can always turn the power off/on switch and start over with a clean slate. I’ve even been stalemated to need to resort to turning the power off when the DON’T DO IT icon has showed its face on the screen. The machine was frozen and there was no other way to get it going. I only did that as a last resort though.

Cheryl - Saskatoon