Re: Glass Fusible Beads

June E Hudspeth

Thank you for the “great suggestions”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think I will go with a batik fabric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Much easier and less stress 😊.

Thanks again,

June

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Vikki Youngmeyer
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2019 7:24 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Glass Fusible Beads

Having just put beads on an ornament project, practice before putting them on a quilt. I made the mistake of putting them too close to each other which made the unit pooch! I also found that taking a stitch putting on a bead then attaching that to the fabric followed up by a stitch that had no bead locked in the bead. So in other words stitch,  put on bead, stitch no bead, then stitch with a bead  - repeat! I found out from experimentation that an additional stitch after the bead stabilized the previous stitches. 

As for the window, I would throw the onus back on her to provide the glass fusible beads! An alternate solution would be to use a bright yellow or yellow/orange batik and blow off the glass fusible beads. You can’t work with what you can’t get; but a backup plan is always handy!

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Cindy Sipp
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2019 7:47 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Glass Fusible Beads

Put the beads on after the quilt is totally finished.   

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019, 7:47 PM June E Hudspeth <juneeh@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone:  I am starting to make an applique lighthouse quilt and the designer says she used glass fusible beads for the window.  As hard as I've tried, I cannot find them anywhere.  I searched Amazon, JoAnn's, Michaels and Fire Mountain Gems.  

I've never even used them before.

Any hints, suggestions?

Thanks so much!  June

Join onlinesewing-janome@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.