Re: Embroidery help- and a website

Elizabeth Mccall

Hi there, I ordered the sample book for OESD stabilizers and their backing are nice. I caught a sale on line for 30% off , so I stocked up.. I love to use the JANOME built in lace patterns on dissolveable  backing .
 I make them with cotton crean thread top and bobbin, to sew ( by machine ) on my denim jackets.
Eliz Ann McCall.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 8:14 AM Sara via Groups.Io <irishsaraj=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Tracy do you have the address that I could go to for the Florian Workbook for stabilizers?  Thank you, Sara

On Jun 23, 2019, at 2:34 AM, Tracy <TJOriginals@...> wrote:

I agree with Jim's comment about the Floriani Workbook re: stabilizers and what to use when.  It's a free download from RNK Distributing.  I've used it often while learning and use floriani stabilizer when I can afford it and other brands when I cannot.

As for websites for designs - when you are ready for In The Hoop projects - my favorite site is www.embroiderygarden.com  Reen's projects all have linings and no raw edges, they stitch well and her directions are wonderful.  Take your first one slow and easy, read the instructions and make sure your hoop looks like the one in the photo for each step.  After you do one - you'll be able to do any of them.  Putting a zipper in while doing machine embroidery is loads of fun!

Happy stitching!
Tracy in Nashville, TN
Martha Pullen Licensed Educator