Re: Embroidery help- and a website

Elizabeth Mccall

Thank You ! I went to this web page and chose some free patterns to try out. I have used another sites , but some times the stitches are not really full, this can be true of the Janome built in too . I will try these on 2 GB USB drives on my Janome 15000. Does any one have trouble with the Janome no opening up the USB sometimes ?

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 8:22 AM Tracy <TJOriginals@...> wrote:
I agree with Jim's comment about the Floriani Workbook re: stabilizers and what to use when.  It's a free download from RNK Distributing.  I've used it often while learning and use floriani stabilizer when I can afford it and other brands when I cannot.

As for websites for designs - when you are ready for In The Hoop projects - my favorite site is www.embroiderygarden.com  Reen's projects all have linings and no raw edges, they stitch well and her directions are wonderful.  Take your first one slow and easy, read the instructions and make sure your hoop looks like the one in the photo for each step.  After you do one - you'll be able to do any of them.  Putting a zipper in while doing machine embroidery is loads of fun!

Happy stitching!
Tracy in Nashville, TN
Martha Pullen Licensed Educator