Re: AcuSetter

Carol Mathers

LOL I haven't been following this thread but i do remember sending our cards to you to have them converted to use on the new machines.....(.sew to .jef?) that really takes me back! Was good of you!
Thanks once again Carol Mathers

On Tue., May 7, 2019, 4:16 p.m. Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io, <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
No, not quite. I haven't done this in a dozen or more years, so I'm quoting from hazy recollections. In digging through the archives I have discovered that the key to getting 10000 cards into your computer is the Customizer 2000 box. It came out around the time of the 11000, and allowed 10000 cards to be read into the computer when inserted in the box. So you have two problems:
1. You need a Customizer 2000 box and software.
2. You need 32 bit Windows 7 or XP, since Janome never made a 64 bit USB driver for their machines or Customizer box. That will likely be the deal breaker.

It's been long enough now that Janome should really make those designs available again, maybe by putting 8000, 9000, and 10000 cards on a single CD for purchase at a reasonable price. Maybe they are listening.