Re: New Owner of a used Janome 6500 Memorycraft - March 2019

srd.sonborne@...

I've already free motion quilted a sizable quilt on my Kenmore domestic machine. And I plan to do so on my next quilt projects.

It's easier to do so with the 6500 because the throat is wider than my old Kenmore's - it has the needle down feature - and the pressure foot knee lever - all of which make it easier for FMQuilting. I've also got a wide space all around my machine - in front and along the left side - and I have a slick surface - so moving the quilt around works well.

But I probably won't ever make such a large quilt that I'd have to do it in sections - certainly never a king size for sure. I think the Quilt of Valor I did for my veteran son was an enlarged twin size quilt - and it worked fine on the Kenmore. So I expect that even a double size bed quilt would work on this 6500.