Quilting on Steam a Seam II Lite

Gail

This is a cross post.  I also put it on Janome 15000 virtual guild  on FB.

I need some help. I am trying to quilt a Laura Heine collage quilt. It's a giraffe and I really love it. It is a collage of flowers making up the giraffe. The flowers are stuck to the quilt using Steam a Seam II Lite. I have never used this product before but it was recommended in the pattern. When I quilt the background area of the quilt, everything is ok, but when I go over the flowers with the steam a seam, I get looonnng skipped stitches and/or the thread breaks. I am using a Schmetz super anti stick needle but the needle is still sticky. Don't know what to do . Please help.