Re: Buying a Mac what do I need to run mbx/windows

Lyn Quine

You need to check the spec of the program and ensure you MAC has sufficient resources.  My laptop had 6GB of memory (RAM) and it was a bit slow, i now have a P C with 8GB of memory and its much quicker.  The spec says 4GB but in honesty the more you have the better.  Its a powerful program that needs plenty of memory, and you will be putting it on a MAC, parallels will need memory to run windows and V5, plus any other programs you want to run in the background.  I would look at 8GB as a minimum requirement, if you can put 16GB in you might future proof it for further updates.  If youre thinking of upgrading to V5.5 it will help.