Bobbin issues

bhd02@...

Am wondering about the bobbin warning popup. It shows long before the bobbin is empty. I can usually sew another seam before it refuses to go any more. The thrifty side of me is wondering if there is a fix or if one must discard the remaining thread before rewinding? I've also found the machine to be very touchy about any non-Janome bobbin. I've been told in classes that class 15 prewounds will work but my machine doesn't like them. My plan is to stock up on the Janome label bobbins, but am wondering if anyone else has this issue.

FYI: have been using the #15 utility overcast stitch for making Tooth Fairy pillows for a friend. Love it.