Question about older machines

Pixey

I have a friend who I was talking sewing with. She has some basic sewing projects she wants to do, curtains, pillows, basic mending, etc. However, her ‘preferred’ machine (which is no longer available) was actually her grandmother’s treadle machine because she could control the speed and sew very slowly. I gather she had a bad runaway machine incident with an economy modern machine that left here afraid of the machine. I showed her the speed control on my 6600P and she lit up with hope. Unfortunately, her budget is more in the $300-$500 range. We discussed the possibility of a retired or used machine from a reputable vendor.

I was looking at some possibilities which would come with the speed control and spotted some in the 8000 and DC lines (8050, 8070, DC1050, DC2014, DC3050), but was not familiar with these lines. Can you share some insights on whether these might be a good machine for her?

Thanks,
Pixey