Horizon Link connection with 12000

debbsie

Hi,
I'm hoping to get some help figuring out why my pc (windows7)is not connecting with my machine. Yesterday I got up the courage to install the Horizon link CD. I knew there was already an update so after the installation I did the update. My PC shows that I have the newest version 1.01 but the message I get when I hit the editor monitor on the first page is that I must connect the pc and the machine with the cable but it is connected!!! and it tells me that I connect to the machine once it's up and running and that's how I did it....any suggestions or questions I haven't answered yet? Help would be very much appreciated :)
DebbieV