GINGER
https://www.stitchedinfaith.com

Custom embroidery and stock designs

On January 6, 2019 at 4:26 PM "Virginia via Groups.Io" <Fmjfrazier@...> wrote:

Yes the caller Id does change on those "Robo" calls.  I have reported many of those calls and it has been getting better.  Our Cable company has introduced for free a program that if we register with them and again it is fee they are going to monitor our calls and the instructions are to let the phone ring 2 times and if you have blocked it in the past it will be blocked automatically.  It has been in effect about 2 weeks now and it has helped tremendously.  I realize though that some will slip by it will just take some time for it to work perfectly.  and then maybe it won't but at least they are trying.  It is called "ROBO CALL".  You may want to inquire about itl

Virginia

-----Original Message-----
From: onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...>
To: onlinesewing-janome <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Jan 6, 2019 2:49 pm
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Yet another security alert

I just got a phone call that was a recording stating that Apple security had been breached and my iCloud account was hacked. The Caller ID on my phone said "Apple Inc". Fortunately I already knew it was a scam from this post:  Apple Phone Phishing Scams Getting Better

It is possible with today's technology to make the caller ID of a phone call appear to be anything you want. This opens the door for endless streams of miscreants trying to separate you from your personal information and money. If there really were a breach Apple is not going to personally call every one of their customers! They would likely use email, though that can be spoofed as well. If you get a call from Apple, Microsoft, or any company that you are doing business with DO NOT give out any information. Instead log into the website by typing in the address, NOT by clicking an email link. If there really is a problem you will know.