Re: Thread stand

Narda Poulin

I just learned something from you today I am a Canadian from Ontario and I am 73 and have lived here all my life and did not know that Saskatchewan did not change their time 2 times a year like we do ...goes to show you you are never too old to learn something new. Merry christmas to you and your family

On Dec 24, 2018, at 8:46 AM, Cheryl Paul <capaul@sasktel.net> wrote:

Hmm! I guess we Canadians need to do something to keep warm on our VERY SHORT winter days and LONG nights, besides cuddle! It is 9:15 am was sunrise and it will set at 4:58 tonight - aren’t we lucky. We’ll make up for that in the 6 months when the opposite happens. Imagine in my working days, that I left the house in the pitch dark and returned home at the end of the day in the dark as well - and we are on Daylight Savings Time ALL year long - we never turn our clocks backwards or forwards anymore for well over 40 years now.

I’m not going to send a picture of the thread stand attached - my sewing room is a MESS, big time. When you receive yours, you’ll know what I’m talking about. You almost need the 3D effect which a photo just doesn’t do justice to. I loosen the 2 screws on the back of the machine - below where the handle rests. I haven’t had one fall out yet and I haven’t taken one out completely either - they must really be long as they aren’t even shaking in their boots once loosened. I am careful though “just in case”. I do sometimes tighten the screws slightly as I need to use a few “sewing words”, if I pull the telescope part up and the whole stand ends up in my hands or falling from my hands, making noise, or worse still a mess or breaking something behind my machine. I don’t tighten to much as then I have to undo to much when I want to remove the stand.

Travel safely in the holidays. A Blessed Christmas to all. Enjoy your turkey dinner or whatever, your tradition. I’ll be turkey’d out by boxing day and craving it on the 27th - and my kids will have all the turkey at their house as they are cooking this year. I’m told that tonights dinner will be cooked by our 13 year old grandson and 11 year old granddaughter. The 13 year old granddaughter, and cousin of the young chef’s informed me that we are having HAMBURGERS tonight - she almost seemed discussed by that thought - isn’t it interesting how children perceive things and give us a different perspective on life. I’ve found it also exciting to see how my 13 grandchildren are growing up and starting to make their mark on the world. We have pianists, a teacher, Scottish Dancers, Baton Twirlers, hockey and ringette players, baseball, and fastball players, Scouts, a saxophone, clarinet and trumpet player, guitar wanna be’s and I can’t forget our Masters Trombone son in law in that mix or and the singers too - quite a mix don’t you think. Grandpa is an old trapper and he’s out today to check his snares and traps to make sure no fur goes to waste.

Cheryl - Saskatoon