Foot Tread Cutter on 15000

Gail

I brought my 15000 in for service and one of the problems I mentioned was that the foot pedal thread cutter stopped working.  I got a call saying I needed a new foot cutter module and it was ordered and installed.  I picked up the machine today and when I set it up, I still get the error message on the screen saying "Foot Pedal Thread Cutter Can't be Used" and it doesn't work..  I have called the service people, but it's almost a 2 hour drive each way and they are closed all next week.  Does anyone have any suggestions or have you seen this before?

I may just take the cutter off the foot pedal, but I just paid for it.
Gail in FL