Re: Survey

cas <cassweet@...>

You’re right that classes are often sales pitches for new products.  Those ones are often free at your dealer though, and they have other paid classes where you make something, usually store purchases are suggested, like for a book or pattern, etc.  That’s ok though because it’s upfront and the classes are relatively inexpensive.  They do need to stay in business.

I think the biggest sales pitches are at big sewing “events”.  That’s when I bought my 15000, but I knew in advance I’d probably buy one as I had gone to two previous small events at the local dealer to play with it.  You can get a big discount if you buy in association with an event.  Sometimes you take your machine home from there.  I was lucky, I got a new, sealed, in the box one from the store, someone must have bought the one I was playing with.

I was surprised at that event, a Jenny Haskin’s event.  It was my first time going to a “major event”.  It was a sales pitch practically from beginning to end, for Jenny Haskin’s products and for the machine.  I’ve since found that most events are like that.

I did go to a Sue Baker Serge event that was not like that at all. It was an actual wonderful class where I learned a lot.  The instructor (it wasn’t Sue Baker, just like Jenny Haskins wasn’t at the Jenny Haskin’s event) would mention some products she used to make stuff easier but it wasn’t a constant pitch.  The machines kind of sold themselves.  One tip I still use is a looped needle threader.  Works great for threading the serger and the sewing machine.  If you don’t know what I mean, search for “Dritz Looped Needle Threader

I have a friend that’s funny, she’s going to the same event she went to last year because they have a new guest speaker, and “there’s always something to learn”.  I asked, “What that, which new products to buy?”  lol  Of course, it’s true, they are sewing with Brother’s new big machine.  So, it is fun if you want a lot of sewing time on a machine and want to learn about the bells and whistles before you buy.  Ask before you go, how many people share a machine.  It’s really neat when you get your own, often you share with two or more people and take turns sewing on it.

Um, what were we talking about?

lol

Cas