Re: thread-cutter

janetpiekarski

I noticed the same thing with the thread cutter but after investigating there are two conditions that make it not cut. First-if you cut when there is no or little fabric and Second - the fabric isn't held in place it misses the cut. I beleive the reason is that the thread moves out of the way of the scissors if either of these 2 conditions are there. I tested this theory and I have not had missed thread cuts since. I hold the fabric taut when the cutter is cutting and I don't cut in air.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Vikki Youngmeyer" <vikkiy@...> wrote:

I'm having an intermittent problem with the thread cutter on my 12000.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've been using So Fine for both
the top and bobbin threads. It's the top thread that isn't getting cut. Any
suggestions? I've had the machine since Thanksgiving last year.

Vikki

Houston, TX