Re: MBX v5

Jim Stutsman

Thank you Maggie for clarifying. Regarding what you may read on Facebook with regard to MBX, unless it is on the official Janome FB page, don't put too much faith into it. There are factors that customers do not know that cause this sort of thing to come up:
  • Given the prices of the high end machines, most customers assume that all dealers are wealthy beyond belief. There ARE a very small number of Janome dealers who are quite wealthy as a result of being in business for many years. However there are a LARGE number of dealers who are just making it, or maybe not quite making it. This is a hard business!
  • Put yourself in the position of dealer X. Business has been "OK", but not great. Getting the rent and payroll together each month is still a challenge. Janome has just come out with a new digitizer. You've had to take time off to get trained and you've bought a quantity of them to get the lowest possible price. The suggested price gives you room to make a little extra profit. Customers are asking "Is this now Janome's only digitizing package? Are they dropping MBX?" If the stack of past due bills is high enough, the dealer may well say "Yes" to those questions. Every dealership has one or two customers who always want to be the first to know anything new, and they will immediately start spreading this. No malice is intended, but the bad information can cause a lot of confusion and anxiety.
  • For the record, we never told our customers anything that we didn't get directly from Janome and know to be true. And there were times when we had to use those "convenience checks" that came with the credit card bill in order to put money into the business to keep the doors open. We did not retire wealthy, but we have no regrets.
With regard to Janome MBX, Maggie knows more about it than just about anyone else in the world. If she had a pound for every hour she's logged with Digitizer she'd be living in a mansion rivaling Kensington Palace! We are very fortunate to have her as a member of this group.