Re: Make and Ironing Board

cas <cassweet@...>

You’re welcome and you got that right!  I can barely turn around in here, and I’m always knocking something over.  Or getting bruised.  Ha!  Who knew.  If I knew this was going to be my full time passion I would have bought a house with a large room for my studio.  One with two living rooms would be ideal…

Cas

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of Narda Poulin via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 5:11 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Make and Ironing Board

Thanks for the photo. That is a great idea, especially the tip about drilling holes ( I guess thar’s why an ironing boards have holes in them). Right now I am still just using a reg ironing board and have a large table but it has my cutting mat on it (with rolling carts under it as you have). Somehow we never seem to have enough room ....or material lol

On Mar 14, 2018, at 8:50 AM, cas <cassweet@...> wrote:

I recycled a desk.  It has the added benefit of storage underneath.  It had four drawers and I added a rolling cart with 7 drawers to the other side.  The whole works is on gliders since I have hardwood floors.  It takes up some room in here, but I needed a large ironing board and storage.  If you decide to do a project like this I suggest drilling holes in the desktop before you cover it so the batting and cloth can get air to dry totally.  I’ll see if I can upload a pic so you can see it.  The desktop is 22”x48” and has the added benefit of a small rotary cutting mat fitting perfectly on one end.

I don’t see how to add photos to group but it looks like if I include them in the email they automatically go there?
Cas

<image001.jpg>