Re: MBX v5

maggie cooper

Jim forgive me sweetheart but I'm going to have a right royal rant here, as I'm sick to death of Janome America Inc and their pathetic attempts to scare dealers and end users about MBX. Here goes,I was contacted last year by someone that had attended a Janome Roadshow, only dealers or their representatives could attend, no vendors were allowed in to the actual meetings, a close out list was presented and MBX was included on it, dealers were told Janome had decided the Wilcom MBX was too expensive (no one reminded JAI that it decides the price not Wilcom) but they hadn't informed Wilcom, so I did. I was furious, someone in JAI had decided to make a name for himself and decided Janome end users could go jump in a lake, besides as loyal little Janome customers they should accept what they were offered and he'd decided a crap software was more than ample. An agreement between JAI and Wilcom had been reached after V5 was launched, stating ASS or its derivatives would not be marketed outside of North America, then I was told by someone who was at a Janome Artistic Digitiser training session, they'd met the Janome UK tech support chap who'd been flown over for AD training. Finally in October JAI agreed that MBX would not only be supported but Dealers could order any new versions that Tokyo may already have requested be developed. They also agreed to set the  record straight with the dealers and end users.

JAI is in its Terrible Teens and like any terrible teen resents its parent directing its choices and decisions, but another American subsidiary, Bernina USA decided to ignore its parent company, so its parent wrested back control, Bernina USA still exists but without the autonomy it it once enjoyed. I do know there are no plans by Wilcom to ditch MBX as Tokyo has asked Wilcom to continue development, as Tokyo considers MBX to be its flagship software. If JAI honours its agreement to continue fulfilling dealers orders if and when the next version of MBX launches, you will be able to order it via your dealer. Lets hope Tokyo Daddy can keep its terrible teen in line.
Maggie Cooper