zigzag question

Mary E

I wonder if anyone else has had this issue. When I use the regular bobbin case, my zigzag stitches tend to be inconsistent in tension, with some tight and others the bobbin thread showing. I tried adjusting the tension as per the manual and even stitched out a set of test runs but the tension makes not difference. So then I switched to the yellow dot bobbin and got perfectly tight tension the first time.
Any ideas why this is happening? I sew for a home designer and the zigzag stitch around the label has to be perfect.
Mary E